Sunday, May 22, 2011

Some Website Ideas

Web Design has been a hobby of mine since I was about 15 and first started using the internet. I had never really taken classes or anything of the like, and at first I messed around with Front Page as you would with clipart with MS Word. But then  I began to get really curious about how it all worked, and how different elements controlled different things. I am not an expert by any means, but I would say, from teaching myself and from interest I have a pretty advanced knowledge of HTML and CSS. Well, used to. The last two years I have put that hobby asside to pursue others, but now I have the urge to pick it up again.

In 2005 I started a graphic design website. Mostly small things like icons, photoshop brushes and textures and basic web layouts for people to use. Sadly what started out as a small hobby project grew massively. The traffic was more than I could afford and I closed the site. Hosting is a lot cheaper now than it was then. I Don't think I could afford anything enormous, but I definitely want to try something again. Even if it's just a portfolio website for myself with a small downloads section.


This is the intended design back form 2009. I still love it. It's bright and colourful, while at the same time clean and uncluttered. I spent a long time working on it and never got to use it. But at the same time if I start a website again, I feel like I should have a fresh start, code somehting new to refresh my memory. I haven't touched any web code in so long I am starting to forget some things, which ins't good.

I'm not really sure where to start though. I dont know whether or not to incorporate some of my own artwork into the design or to use something a bit more abstract. I guess I'll have to think about it.

here are some palettes I've been considering though.

No comments:

Post a Comment