Saturday, September 17, 2011

It's that time of year!

Yes it's "New Game" season! This is the time of year that has the most game releases. What I love about it is not only the games themselves, but the plethora of concept art and art books that comes with it. A lot of the time you need to buy special edition releases to get your hands on the artbooks, but you can also snag them on ebay for reasonable prices.


This year I am most looking forward to seeing the Batman: Arkham City artbook that is included with the special edition. The concept art and renders they have released so far have been very impressive. If anyone is interested, this article, although quite old, will give you an impression of just how many games are released with corresponding artbooks. I love seeing the origins of characters and architecture of games I play, and I'm sure I am not the only one.

While I'm here, here is a little something I've been working on, though it's in it's early stages. I really enjoy lighting experiments with painting. Still needs a lot of work and some proportion corrections, But I like the direction it's headed. (Steampunk Elf + Dragon)

No comments:

Post a Comment