Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Digital Illustration


Our first project of the year was a digital illustration using Adobe Illustrator. The theme of the illustration was taken from one of three news articles, which we could interpret in our own way, by either tracing a photograph, sketch or other material. The aim of the project was for us to familiarise ourselves with illustrator and it's various tools and functions.

Looking at my own work, I think I could have spent a little more time on the base sketch. My grasshopper and his beloved corn are a little misshapen in some places, and I feel maybe I could have done better. I also feel my colour scheme is a bit scattered, and a bit too diverse. A more cohesive colour scheme may improve my illustration. Overall, I am happy with the end result considering the work I put in. If we had had a little more time I think I might have done things a little differently and made those changes.

One good outcome of that project is that I now know my way around illustrator, and I can use the pen tool well, where before I could not use it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment