Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Chimeira and Other Artists

One of my favourite places to visit when I am looking for inspiration form other artists from my time, is DeviantArt. If you are not familiar with this site, it is one of the largest online art communities that exists on the internet today, with over 6 million members. The types of art you find there are so diverse, that no matter what the subject is, you will always find something to interest you of all skill levels. The reason I chose to search for unconventional chimeiras there is because when you look at modern and contemporary art of note, the interpretations are usually very literal. This way I was able to find a broader spectrum.

So on my search, here are some pieces of art I found really interesting. I tried to choose only the ones that did not use a literal meaning of the word Chimeira.

Abstract Chimeira by Arlequ

This artist mainly focuses on Psychodelic themes, and I found his work very interesting. His use of symmetry gives a nice balance to the piece, and his use of texture and colour makes it seem almost as if it is popping out at you.

Children of Chimera by JoeJesus 
The attention to detail in this spacescape is really amazing, And again, this artist used a very loose interpretation of the word chimeira to describe things that would normally not be seen together.

Chimera by lumi-nara

This macro photograph has very surreal and beautiful colouring, yet the subject is something very natural and mundane. That is how I would interpret the "Chimeira" elemnt in this work.

Chimera by B3ANO

I found this one different than anything else I had come accross, but in a good way. It is a 3D render. The artist mixes hard and soft in this piece in a very nice way that I feel does represent a chimeira well.

aquas chimera-purify by Keylala

This is a Fractal piece. What interested me most about it was the artists comment that a chimera is an illusion or fabrication of the mind. This fractal is beautiful and consistent, and the light glow of the center colours draws your eye in a very gentle way. Overall I really thing it was a good representation of an unconventional chimera.


That is all for now, but I will post more of these as I find them.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete